REPORT of the holding an essay competition in English among students of the 1st
and 2d courses
on the topic: “Prospects of modern Kazakhstan development in the field of technology” (70 students)
Objective: to expand knowledge of the applied new technologies in the production of the Republic of Kazakhstan in English
– to form the desire to master a foreign language;
– to form an active civil position of a competitive specialist;
– to develop students’ skills of critical and logical thinking;
– to develop a multicultural personality capable of social and professional self-determination
Within the implementation of the “Ruhani Zhangyru Program”, subprogram “Tarbiye zhane bilim“ (basic direction “Sanaly azamat“) the planned socially-educational event – an Essay competition in English among students of 1-2 courses was carried out under the leadership of the head of the “Foreign Languages” Department, Associate Professor, Ph.D. Jantasova D., responsible for the socially-educational work of the department Izotova A., teachers of the department Botaeva A. U., Atkenova A.S., Rasulieva S.K.
Students wrote an essay (200 words). The jury selected the best 7 works out of 70 provided on this topic in English. February 15, 2019 in a solemn ceremony diplomas and gifts were awarded to students.
The following students have won:
- Kotlyarov Nikolay (gr. VT-18-3) Scientific adviser: teacher of the Foreign languages department Zhdanova E.A.
- Tokishova Madina (gr. BT 18-1) Scientific adviser: teacher of the Foreign languages department Botaeva A.U.
- Kairzat Orazbek (gr. TMO-18-1) Scientific adviser: senior teacher the Foreign languages department Tentekbaeva Zh.M.
Nomination for “The best ingenious skills” Madiyar Aida (gr. Arch-17-2) Scientific adviser: teacher the Foreign languages department Botaeva A.U.
Nomination for “The best scientific approach” Baimuhan Akzhol (gr. BZhD-18-1) Scientific adviser: teacher the Foreign languages department Alken S.Kh.
Nomination for “The best writing skills” Amanzhol Aygerim (gr. OP-18-1) Scientific adviser: senior teacher the Foreign languages department Tentekbaeva Zh.M.
Nomination for “The best analytical skills” Kondorbayev Serik (EE-18-2) Scientific adviser: senior teacher the Foreign languages department Tentekbaeva Zh.M.
Achieved Results: The competition showed a high level of students’ preparation, organization of the event and the participants’ desire to show knowledge of English language. Most students were creative in writing an essay. An indicator of completion is an acquisition of new humanitarian knowledge, an increase in the knowledge of the foreign language, and an increase in the number of student winners of intellectual competitions. The principles of globalization, modernization, openness of consciousness, focus on increasing the competitiveness of students, as well as the cult of knowledge were used.