АР14869856 “Developing new technologies of drilling and blasting operations ensuring safety of design parameters of mining operations and stability of the contour part of the massif”, p.m. Imashev A.Zh.
The relevance of the problem of developing new technologies of performing drilling and blasting operations, which ensure the design parameters of mining operations safety, taking into account the geomechanical condition and damage to rocks by explosive operations in the contour part of the massif, has always been an important task in the mining industry.
Today, during mining operations at the mines “Akbakai”, “Beskempir”, “Zholymbet” JSC “Altynalmas”, “Bozymchak” LLP “Kaz Minerals”, “Voskhod” LLP “Voskhod-Oriel”, “Abyz” of the Kazakhmys Corporation LLP exceeding the design cross-section reaches from 10 to 30% and is a problem that requires an unconventional approach.
It is known that the excess section is the main problem of mining, which leads to increasing the volume of the rock mass for transportation, decreasing the bearing capacity of the contour part of the massif, a significant increase in the drilling cycle and the cost of a running meter of mining. Despite the fact that there are scientific developments, the results of previous studies do not allow solving the problem of the design parameters safety of the cross-section of mining works by optimizing the parameters of drilling and blasting.
The purpose of the project is to develop new technologies of performing drilling and blasting operations, which ensure preservation of the design parameters of mining operations by minimizing the coefficient of excess section depending on the disturbance of the rock massif by blasting, the seismic impact of the force of the explosion and the geomechanical state of the contour part of the rock massif in accordance with the geological strength index.
As a result of implementing the project, new technologies of performing drilling and blasting operations will be developed, which ensure preservation of the design parameters of mining based on a complex of geotechnical studies, multi-factor accounting of technological parameters of mining and assessment of the geomechanical state of the contour part of the massif. The coefficient D will be scientifically and practically justified, the regularity of changing the coefficient of excess section depending on the geological strength index (GSI) will be established, and a nomogram will be developed for determining the structural parameters of drilling and blasting works (DBO) depending on the GSI based on theoretical and experimental studies.
The complex of geotechnical studies will allow to determining reliably the GSI by studying the rock quality (RQD), surveying the fractured rocks, taking into account the lithology and water-logging of the rocks. GSI is the main indicator of the assessment of the geomechanical condition of the contour part of the massif and the zoning of the field sites by domains will give an opportunity to develop effective DBO passports aimed at reducing the coefficient of excess section.
Achieving the design parameters of mining operations will allow reducing the volume of transportation of excess rock mass, the specific consumption of explosives, materials for supporting, stabilizing the geomechanical condition of the massif of rocks and increasing the mining operations safety.
- Imashev Askar Zhanbolatovich – project manager, PhD, head of MDD Department.
Researcher ID is ABC-2138-2021
ORCID is 0000-0002-9799-8115
Scopus Author ID is 57204153972
- Suimbayeva Aigerim Maratovna, – principal investigator, PhD, sn. teacher of the MA&OS Department.
- Adoko Amoussou Coffi, PhD, Assoc. Professor of School of Mining and Earth Sciences, Nazarbayev University.
Researcher ID is ADG-2051-2022
ORCID is 0000-0003-1396-7811
Scopus Author ID is 49361005100
- Matayev Azamat Kalizhanuly – PhD, teacher of the MDD Department.
Researcher ID D-3766-2019
ORCID is 0000-0001-9033-8002
Scopus Author ID is 57219561578
- Mussin Aibek Abdukalykovich – PhD, sn. teacher of the MDD Department.
Researcher ID is AGD-8697-2022
ORCID is 0000-0001-6318-9056
Scopus Author ID is 57225333744
List of publications for2022
- Imashev A.Zh., Suimbayeva A.M., Zhunusbekova G., Zeytinova Sh., Kuttybayev A., Mussin A.A. Studying the stress-strain state of the massif under open pit with changing the open-pit bottom width //Mining of Mineral Deposits. No.3. Р. 61-66.
- Imashev A.J., Mussin A.A., Matayev A.K., Suimbayeva A.M. Method of reducing the coefficient of excess section when carrying out horizontal mining by explosive method // Mining Journal of Kazakhstan. Almaty: SPE “Interrin” LLP, 2022. No.10 (210). P. 38-43
Information for potential consumers
Achieving the design parameters of mining operations will allow reducing the volume of transportation of excess rock mass, the specific consumption of explosives, materials for fastening, stabilize the geomechanical condition of the massif of rocks and increase the safety of mining operations.
The results of the research will be used in preparing one PhD thesis, 2 master’s theses and educational-methodological complexes in the discipline “Technological schemes of cleaning works” of the educational program 6В07202 “Mining”, “Improvement of drilling and blasting works” of the educational program 7M07202 “Mining”.
AP14869145 “Developing an intellectual fiber-optic system for monitoring the geotechnical condition of mining quarries and pits”, p.m. Neshina Ye.G.
Permanent monitoring and reliable information of the geotechnical condition of mining can ensure the trouble-free operation of mining enterprises. The relevance of the project is conditioned by the importance of the preventing sudden changes in parameters affecting the strength of mining quarries, cuttings and providing protection of personnel from sudden collapse. In the work, it is proposed to increase occupational safety through the use of new scientific achievements related to the use of fiber-optic technologies, namely the fiber-optic sensor (FOS), which is included in the hardware and software complex.
The development of an intelligent fiber-optic system for monitoring the geotechnical condition of mining quarries and open pits, which works in real time for timely notification of changes in geotechnical parameters that lead to the collapse of the sides of the quarry and open pit, which allows increasing the level of safety of mining operations and reducing the economic costs of liquidation subsequent collapse.
The development of scientific and technical, design documentation. Technical documentation will be prepared and laboratory and experimental samples of the intelligent fiber-optic system for monitoring the geotechnical condition of mining quarries and pits will be developed.
- Neshina Yelena Gennadyevna – project manager, CTS, head of the ES Department.
Scopus Author ID is 56252099900
Researcher ID – V-2303-2018
- Yugai Vyacheslav Viktorovich – principal investigator, PhD, head of the APP Department.
Researcher ID – ABA-7820-2020,
Scopus Author ID is 8379849200
- Alkina Aliya Dauletkhanovna – sn. Teacher of the ES Department
Researcher ID R-2415-2017,
Scopus Author ID is 57160184600
- Kalytka Valery Aleksandrovich – PhD, Professor of the ES Department
Researcher ID is AAR-8471-2020
Scopus Author ID is 15033113300
- Kaliaskarov Nurbol Baltabayevich – PhD, head of the TSS Department
Researcher ID – ABC-2155-2020,
Scopus Author ID is 57201113007
- Tleugabylova Mahbat Kudaiberenovna – teacher of the ES Department
- Brazhanova Dana Korabayevna – executor, senior teacher of the ES Department
Scopus Author ID – 57220805586,
- Malikov Nurbol Muratovich – executor, teacher of the ES Department
Scopus Author ID – 57813518900,
- Fomin Ilya Pavlovich – graduate student, gr. EEM-21-2, ES faculty
- Bilichenko Yekaterina Nikolayevna – senior teacher of the ES Department
Scopus Author ID –57812733800,
List of publications for 2022
- Neshina Ye.G., Mekhtiyev A.D., Kaliaskarov N.B., Yugai V.V., Alkina A.D. Basics of developing a fiber-optic system for monitoring geotechnical conditions. University Proceedings, NJSC Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University, No. 3, 2022. P.347-352.
- No. number 29392 dated 10.12.2022. Studying additional losses in optical fibers under mechanical stress” (CIP.)/ Neshina E.G., Alkina A.D., Brazhanova D.K., Bilichenko E.N.
Information for potential consumers
In Kazakhstan, the mining industry is developed, and potential consumers can be about 80 large enterprises engaged in the production of various minerals. Since the proposed system solves the important task of early diagnosis of the collapse of mining operations and the sides of quarries and pits, it will allow potential users reducing significantly the material costs of liquidation of the accident and avoiding the loss of technological equipment, as well as victims among production personnel in the event of a sudden collapse of rock in the places of mining operations. The result of the project will be the development of a pilot sample of the fiber-optic system for monitoring the geotechnical condition of mining quarries, cuttings and preparing documentation.
AP14872003 “Improving geological and economic assessment of mining and metallurgical enterprises in the context of their compliance with international trends and digital reformation”, p.m. Issatayeva F.M.
The relevance of the study is conditioned by the growing role of the fuel and energy complex of developing markets in decarbonization of the economy. In the context of the indicated energy transition, the features of the transformation of Kazakhstan’s industrial enterprises with the use of digital technologies, as the most important tool for increasing efficiency in the conditions of increasing competition in the global market of mineral raw materials, are updated. Long-term research of the authors allowed identifying the most significant factor limiting the activity of enterprises in the specified direction. External, aggravating risks of information security, prevention of leakage of geological and production information, investment and innovation risks of sustainable development (level of competition, availability of technologies and capital, development of legislation, uncertainty of the economic situation). Internal risks are difficulties in changing transformable intra-production processes and a low technical level of production expressed in the insufficient digital maturity of current processes and a low level of development of automated systems for controlling technological processes, the complexity of integrating new technologies into intra-production and organizational processes, low return on investment, limited liquidity. There is the absence of new competences in mastering digital technologies, managing innovative projects, building partnerships, and strengthening international positions. Despite the introduction of new technologies and means of ensuring their safety, geodynamic risks in mining continue increasing.
According to the formed factographic data base on geological and economic indicators and characteristics of deposits, the Kazakhmys Corporation LLP, to develop an information-analytical system of geological and economic evaluation of the enterprise due to digitalization of key business processes, which allows modeling production situations, increasing the efficiency and transparency of management.
A methodological approach to the analyzing and forecasting the activity of the mining enterprise, opportunities for formalizing and solving production and economic problems both at the level of the subject itself and its structural subdivisions, analysis of the application of the KAZRC system and the set of GRI standards in the practice of Kazakhstan will be substantiated.
- Issatayeva Farida Muratovna – project manager, PhD, acting head of the GEMD Department.
Researcher ID is AGO-2688-2022
Author ID – 57214246924
ORCID – 0000-0003-0337-1539 https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0337-1539
2 .Aubakirova Gulnara Muslimovna – principal investigator, Doctor of Economy, Professor of the EEM Department
Researcher ID -AAB-5682-2021
Author ID – 893146
ORCID is 0000-0003-0337-1539
- Maussymbayeva Aliya Dumanovna – PhD, sn. teacher of the GEMD Department.
Author ID: 57144628100
ORCID is 0000-0002-7214-8026
- Baidauletova Irina Vladimirovna – assistant of the GEMD Department.
ORCID is 0000-0002-8609-0531
Information for potential consumers
The results of the research will be used in conducting a geological and economic assessment taking into account the transition of Kazakhstan to the international system of reporting standards for mineral reserves CRIRSCO; the developed algorithm of the program “Information – Analytical System” of the geological and economic assessment of the enterprise increases the scientific and technical validity of the decarbonization strategies of the enterprise accelerates implementation of the projects according to ESG standards.
AP14869550 “Developing and studying the design of a stationary elevator for loading grain cargo into containers transported by railway platforms”, p.m. Balabayev O.T.
At present, the loading of grain cargoes into containers transported by motor vehicles is carried out by mobile hoists at the elevators of agricultural productions. On railway transport, which is the main mode of transport for the export of Kazakh grain crops, loading grain cargoes is carried out through bunkers of elevators into grain wagons. In Kazakhstan, the number of grain wagons is limited due to a high cost and seasonality of crops. The main idea of the project is that the developed design of a stationary elevator will allow loading grain cargoes through the hoppers of elevators into containers transported by railway platforms. Implementation of this project will significantly increase the possibility of export of Kazakh grain crops by railway transport.
The design development and studying the operation of a stationary elevator for loading grain cargo into containers transported by railway platforms for further implementation of grain crops in agricultural production.
- Balabayev Oyum Temirgalievych – project manager, PhD, Associate Professor of the IT Department
Researcher ID: W-5951-2018.
Scopus Author ID: 57208385327
- Askarov Bakhtiyar Sharapidenovich – PhD, head of the IT Department
Scopus Author ID: 57210963866
- Mikhailov Valentin Feliksovich – PhD, Associate Professor, of the Mechanics Department.
Researcher ID: Y-2093-2018.
Scopus Author ID: 57219108246
- Beysembayev Dias Madatovich – MT, teacher of the IT Department
- Alzhanova Asiya Kairatovna – MT, Assistant of the IT Department.
- Kanat Fariza Yerkebulanovna – MT, assistant of the IT Department
- Kassymzhanova Aidana Donenbayevna – doctoral student, gr. TT-19-1 of the TT&LS Department
- Mahasheva Inkar Sakenovna – master student, gr. OPM-21-1 of the IT Department
- Atken Yerzhan – master student, gr. OPM-21-1 c of the IT Department
When conducting research to obtain the expected results, scientific and technical works will be carried out in the project in the following sequence:
– theoretical studies of the operation of a stationary elevator, including patent search, mathematical methods of studies;
– experimental studies of the operation of a stationary elevator in the ANSYS software environment, including methods of planning and processing experiments;
– realization of theoretical and experimental studies on the basis of theoretical and experimental studies
Information for potential consumers
The analysis of grain crops export in the agricultural sector of Kazakhstan shows that the practical significance of the project is doubtful, since the main possible effect of introducing a stationary elevator for loading grain cargo into containers transported by railway platforms in the conditions of agricultural production (elevators) is increasing the export of grain crops by railway transport in case of shortage of grain wagons in the season of work. The readiness for commercialization of the expected results of this project will be confirmed by a license agreement from a private partner. The project risk is minimized if there is financing.
AP14869933 “Developing an innovative model “Statistical analyzing and processing information for scientific research” for distance learning“, p.m. Abayeva N.F.
The idea of this project is to develop a mass online open course “Statistical analyzing and processing of information for research works” for distance learning, for young researchers who are faced with a global problem when it is necessary to carry out statistical analyzing and processing the research results.
To implement the development of an innovative model “Statistical analyzing and processing of information for scientific research” for distance learning.
To raise the quality level of research works from the point of view of statistical processing of information
- Abayeva Nella Fuatovna – project manager, Candidate of Technical Sciences, acting Associate Professor of HM Department
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-2740-7930.
Author ID in Scopus 56646612700.
Researcher ID Web of Science: AAW-2197-2017.
Researcher ID in Publons: AAW-2197-2017
- Mustafina Lezzetzhan Mukhamedzhanovna – PhD, Associate professor of the HM
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-9338-5960.
Author ID in Scopus 56646336900
- Koychubekov Berik Kenzhibaevich – PhD., Professor, the MUK NJSC
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-9338-5960.
Author ID in Scopus 56507344600
- Shegebayeva Gauhar Yermekkyzy – ME., teacher of Mathematics Gymnasium No. 104
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-6394-678X.
- Yarullina Alina Rashidovna – doctoral student of NJSC KU named after E.A. Buketov
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-6723-507X.
- Zhurov Vitaly Vladimirovich – PhD, acting Associate professor of the HM Department
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-4413-8584.
Author ID in Scopus 57212468207
Information for potential consumers
The results can be used in the scientific research work for the processing of the obtained research results during the completion of diploma and dissertation works.