On December 20, 2022, the final of the competition for the award of the Sharyktau scholarship was held by the department of the DMD of the NAO Karaganda Technical University named after Abylkas Saginov.
Scholarship “Sharyktau” of the department of DMD NAO “Karaganda Technical University named after Abylkas Saginov” is aimed at stimulating the educational, scientific and practical activities of talented and promising Kazakhstani full-time students at the university studying under the educational programs “Mining”, “Oil and gas business” and ” Construction of mining enterprises and underground structures. The scholarship is awarded on a competitive basis and is paid in addition to the generally established scholarships. The scholarship is personal, established for a certain period depending on the place taken and paid on a monthly basis.
Conditions for participation in the competition for applicants for the award of scholarships
“Sharyktau” department of DMD:
1) the applicant is a student of 2-4 courses of full-time and full-time abbreviated education of NJSC “Karaganda Technical University named after Abylkas Saginov” on educational programs “Mining”, “Oil and gas business” and “Construction of mining enterprises and underground structures”.
2) the applicant must not have an academic debt based on the results of the previous session;
3) the average score of marks for the previous period of study (GPA) must be at least 2.6 (does not apply to students of the 1st year of full-time reduced form of study);
4) In case of expulsion of a student from the university, the awarded scholarship is not paid, starting from the day the order for expulsion is issued.
Scholarship “Sharyktau” of the department of DMD is paid monthly in the amount of 33,300 (thirty-three thousand three hundred) tenge in the following order:
- The student who won the 1st place – from January 01 to June 30 year following the competition.
- The student who took 2nd place – from January 01 to April 30 year following the competition.
- The student who took the 3rd place – from January 01 to February 28 year following the competition.
As part of the competition, students wrote essays and publicly defended their point of view. By the decision of the competition committee for the award of the Sharyktau scholarship, the 1st place was taken by the student of the group ND-20-3 Toleugazy Alema Almazkyzy, the 2nd place was taken by the student of the group ND-19-3 Talasov Maxim Andreevich, the 3rd place was taken by the student of the group GD-20-6 Zhumazhan Gulim.