– In 1994 on the basis of the Karaganda Polytechnic Institute there was organized the Academic-methodological Association (AMA) of Higher Education Institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan in technical specialties of higher education.
– The first in the Republic of Kazakhstan State educational standards for 13 engineering specialties were developed by the AMA-KTU in 1994.
– Till 2018 the AMA-KTU was the main university in 28 specialties of higher education. More than 220 state educational standards of H&VE of four generations and more than two thousand Model training programs were developed.
– KTU was approved as the Head University, on the basis of which the Academic-methodological Association of Higher Education Institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan was organized in 4 trajectories of training (groups of educational programs) (the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan order No. 565 dated October 12, 2018).
– By the decision of the RK AMA, the Academic-methodological Association of higher education institutions was transformed into the Project Management Groups (December 2018).
– By Order No. 305/1 of 06.30.2020, the structure of the PMT-EMA Council was updated.
THE MAIN TASKS OF EDUCATIONAL AND METHODOLOGICAL ASSOCIATIONS ARE:
- Development of approaches to the development of the system of Kazakhstan’s higher and postgraduate education in accordance with the national qualification framework, industry qualification frameworks, and professional standards.
- Participation in the formation of the strategy for the development of Kazakhstan’s higher and postgraduate education aimed at increasing its competitiveness in the global educational space.
- Educational and methodological support of the educational process in accordance with changing conditions and global challenges.
- Development of approaches and methods for improving the external and internal quality assurance systems of higher and postgraduate education.
The activities of the EMA are managed by the Republican Educational and Methodological Council of Higher and Postgraduate Education of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- organizing interaction between universities, employers, accreditation agencies and other organizations to improve the quality of personnel training;
- preparation of recommendations for improving regulatory legal acts and other educational and methodological documents regulating the activities of higher and postgraduate education;
- preparation of recommendations for the formation of learning outcomes in supervised areas of training in accordance with the National Qualifications Framework, Industry Qualifications Framework and Professional Standards;
- monitoring the provision of universities implementing supervised areas of personnel training with educational literature, electronic databases, personnel and other necessary resources;
- organization of examination of educational literature in supervised areas of training for assignment of the stamp of the Republican Educational and Methodological Council;
- determination of specialized subjects of the unified national testing, comprehensive testing for admission to master’s and doctoral programs;
- preparation of recommendations for the introduction of innovative teaching methods and technologies, etc.
Basic trends of the KTU PMG-AMA activities
- Communication with the universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan that are part of the PMG-AMA KTU in terms of interaction and coordination of educational and methodological work using project management methods.
- Analysis of the National qualifications frameworks (NQF, OQF, PS) development in the context of the quality of education assurance and training competitive specialists.
- Methodological aspects of forming competence-oriented educational programs of a new generation based on the requirements of professional standards in the training trajectories, assigned to the AMA – KTU.
- Formation of the recommended learning outcomes in the format of the competence-based approach in accordance with professional standards, requirements of employers and social needs of society.
- Examination of projects of innovative educational programs for higher and vocational education, implemented in the experimental mode in the context of the training trajectories assigned to the AMA – KTU.
- Analysis of proposals and recommendations for updating practice-oriented educational programs, taking into account the requirements of employers and professional standards.
- Reviewing and examination of textbooks mock-ups and teaching materials recommended for publication with the stamp of the RK AMA in the trajectories (groups of educational programs) assigned to the AMA – KTU. The universities sending a textbook or a tutorial for examination must submit an official document signed by Rector (First Vice Rector) confirming the absence of plagiarism.
- Preparation of proposals and formation of a list of specialized subjects of UNT when entering the bachelor’s program for leavers of schools and colleges.
- Formation of a list of disciplines and test materials for the National Testing Center in the context of conducting an external assessment of academic achievements (EAAA) in the context of the training trajectories assigned to the AMA – KTU.
- Formation of a list of disciplines and test specifications in the context of conducting comprehensive testing for admission to the master’s degree program.
- Monitoring the provision of the educational process with textbooks and teaching materials in the trajectories of bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral studies assigned to the AMA – KTU.
- Preparation of recommendations for the formation of a list of textbooks, teaching materials, permitted by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for use in the educational process.
- Preparation of proposals and recommendations for amending the Classifier of the training trajectories.
- Analysis of global trends in implementation of the competence-based approach in engineering education.
- Promoting integration into the global educational space by expanding educational and methodological contacts with social, professional and educational organizations.
- Development of scientifically based and organizational-methodological recommendations for the effective development of higher technical schools in the context of the Bologna process and taking into account the main aspects of the State program for the development of education and science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2020-2025.
- Monitoring implementation of the annual Thematic Plan of educational and scientific literature publication.
- Preparation of recommendations for providing the multi-level educational process with educational and methodological literature in the context of multilingual education.
- Preparation of proposals for the formation of the EEC for the accreditation of universities and educational programs.
- Methodological guidance on the development and examination of draft regulatory materials in the field of higher and postgraduate education.
- Preparation of proposals for implementation of the results of the project activities of the PMG – AMA in regulatory and policy documents.
- Analysis of modern methods and innovative technologies of student-centered learning.
- Rapid response to requests from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the framework of educational activities in the training trajectories assigned tp the AMA – KTU.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
For the expert examination of layouts (manuscripts) of textbooks and teaching aids recommended for publication with the EMA-REMC stamp in the trajectories of training (groups of educational programs) assigned to the EMA-KTU, the author(s) must submit:
- a cover letter from the University addressed to the Chairman of the EMA Council prof. M. Ibatov on the layout (manuscript) of the textbook (tutorial) sending to obtain the conclusion of the EMA regarding the possibility of publishing the presented literature with the stamp;
- layout (manuscript) of the presented literature;
- three reviews of the manuscript including an external one;
- an extract from the decision of the Academic Council on publication;
- an official conclusion on the absence of plagiarism.
Links to current documents on the work of the Educational and Methodological Association (website of the National Center for Education Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, meetings of Regional Educational and Methodological Councils, legislative acts, etc.)