From 01 to 12 March, 2021 the Department of Russian Language and Culture of KTU, together with the Institute for Advanced Studies of the Karaganda Technical University conducted advanced training courses on the topic “Effective tools for the formation of functional literacy in education: school-college-university” (within the framework of distance learning) for school teachers and teachers of colleges and universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan
School teachers, teachers of colleges and universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan from the Nur-Sultan, Almaty, Karaganda, Pavlodar, Semey, Balkhash cities took part in the advanced training courses.
The main goal of the event was to improve the pedagogical skills of teachers and tutors in the process of developing students’ functional literacy, improving the quality of reading and writing, forming students’ critical thinking through effective innovative teaching tools.
The following tasks were implemented in the process of training on the AT courses:
– expanding the professional competencies of specialists who generate and transmit knowledge for young students;
– introduction of new technologies and techniques into the educational process to achieve positive results in the development of functional literacy;
– the dissemination of pedagogical experience aimed at the development of creative and critical thinking of students.
Course training was carried out in a distance form and was built on the basis of a competence-based approach. As part of the AT courses, the participants of the event:
– got acquainted with the current trends in the development of functional literacy of students as a way of social orientation of the individual, integrating the connection between education and diverse human activities;
– exchanged the best practices of the leading universities and schools in Karaganda.
Participants of advanced training courses were able to obtain complete information on the issues under consideration at training lectures, seminars, master classes; consult with university professors, educators and innovators.
Scientists and teachers of the Karaganda Technical University, of the Karaganda State University named after E.A. Buketov, practicing teachers of leading schools in Karaganda took part in the courses.
The final document was a certificate of advanced training in the amount of 80 hours.