DEPARTMENT OF MINE SURVEYING AND GEODESY TRAINS BACHELORS IN THREE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS:
- “Mine surveying”.
- “Geodesy and cartography”
- “Digital aerial photography”
Group of Educational Programs B071 “Mining and Mining Engineering”
Educational program 6B07206 “Mine surveying”
Training of specialists engaged in mine surveying and geodesic control for proper high quality mining excavation processes with the introduction of digital technologies.
Scope of professional activities
Mine surveying is a branch of mining science, which includes measurements on the surface and in mine workings, carried out during the exploration and operation of deposits, construction of mining enterprises in order to build plans and drawings of the studied objects, as well as to solve mining geometric problems.
The qualifications of mine surveying specialists have always made it possible to work almost immediately at any mining enterprise in the country:
- underground gold mine with various systems of development;
- open-pit mining of placer deposits by overburden method with the use of hydromonitors or dredge method;
- coal mine with flat, inclined or steep seams;
- open-pit (quarry) mining of coal, ore or other mineral deposits;
- development of oil and gas fields;
- underground transport construction.
In addition to the above-mentioned industries, a mine surveyor can work in all related professions, both geodetic surveying and mining. And there is a choice to work, for example, as a surveyor in all kinds of geodesic, construction, scientific, educational, research enterprises or as a mining engineer, foreman in mining enterprises.
The field of professional activity of specialists includes engineering support of human activity in the Earth’s interior during operational exploration, extraction and processing of solid minerals, construction and operation of underground facilities for various purposes.
The objects of professional activity of specialists are:
- subsurface resources of the Earth, including production facilities, equipment and technical systems for their development;
- techniques and technologies to ensure safe and efficient implementation of geotechnologies and extraction, processing of solid minerals and rational use of underground space.
Group of educational programs B074 “Town Planning, Construction Operations and Civil Engineering”
Educational program 6B07302 “Geodesy and Cartography”
Major subjects: mathematics, physics
Training of specialists to perform cartographic and geodesic surveys by ground and satellite methods.
Scope of professional activities
The scope of the bachelor’s professional activity is all branches of the economy, including the military-industrial complex, civil and industrial construction, government agencies in the field of land resources management, etc.
Objects of professional activity
The objects of professional activity of graduates are:
- Earth surface, state geodetic networks and special-purpose networks;
- construction sites of buildings and structures;
- civil, residential, transport, and hydraulic buildings and structures;
- mineral deposits;
- land plots, urban areas;
- natural and natural-anthropogenic systems.
Tools of professional activity is geodetic, astronomical, aerial survey, gravimetric, photogrammetric and cartographic instruments and equipment; maps; satellite geodetic equipment, geodetic and cartographic software.
Typical tasks of professional activity:
- topographic-geodesic support of cartographic representation of the Earth surface as a whole, separate territories and Earth surface areas;
- creation, development and reconstruction of state geodetic networks and special-purpose networks;
- study of the shape and external gravitational field of the Earth;
- all kinds of topographic and special surveys of different scales;
- mathematical processing of geodetic measurements and equalization of geodetic networks;
- a set of activities on the design, compilation and editing of cartographic products.
Group of educational programs B075 “Cadastre and land surveying”
Educational program 6B07303 “Digital aerial photography
Major subjects: mathematics, geography
The main trend of our time is the transition from analog technology to digital technology. Thus, traditional aerial photography methods are becoming a thing of the past, giving way to unmanned aerial vehicles. UAVs are receiving more and more attention lately, they are being used in a wide range of human activities, which has a positive effect on their technological development.
URBAN PLANNING AND LAND MANAGEMENT:
- Land Supervision and Change Tracking;
- Complex cadastral works;
- Digital mapping;
- Design in 3D.
- Creation of orthophotomaps;
- Creation of topographic plans;
- DTM and hypsometry.
- Planning and design;
- Quality control of the work performed;
- Up-to-date information at all stages of construction.
- Up-to-date quarry surface geometric data;
- Digital surface model with centimeter spatial resolution;
- Control over completeness of excavation, determination of extraction volumes, accounting of overburden volumes, determination of losses, drawing up plans for development of mining operations, monitoring of stable, safe condition of sides and dumps.
OIL AND GAS SECTOR:
- Infrastructure Survey;
- Inventory and planning;
- Environmental monitoring;
- Operational Control
- Creating orthophotomaps;
- Analysis, protection and planning;
- Operational monitoring;
- Mapping and control of the state of the forests.
- Surveying power lines and energy infrastructure;
- Unmanned monitoring of heating networks;
- Management of emergency situations.
Given the active development of UAVs Department of Mine Surveying and Geodesy of KSTU has opened a new EP “Digital aerial surveying” in 2019.
In the course of study, bachelor students are introduced to the subjects of professional activities of aerial surveying, geodetic, gravimetric, photogrammetric and cartographic instruments and equipment. Separate attention is given to the study of satellite geodetic equipment, geodetic and cartographic software.
Our students have a great opportunity to be engaged in scientific activities in their specialty, as well as study parallel and related disciplines. With modern equipment and instruments, the training process of students is carried out with the maximum involvement of the most modern methods and technologies.