From September 14 to 30, Ivanovo Power Institute named after V.I. Lenin (ISPU, RF) holds the II International Translation Competition – 2021, dedicated to the Year of Science and Technology.
Within the framework of international cooperation of the Department of Russian Language and Culture with ISPU, students of the Karaganda Technical University with the state language of instruction are invited to participate in the competition.
Goals and objectives of the competition.
The goal of the competition is to maintain the attraction of students of higher educational institutions to the translation of socio-political texts, to improve the quality of translation of texts, to develop socio-cultural, foreign-language, translation and linguistic competencies in the framework of studying the Russian language as a foreign language.
The objective of the competition is to improve translation skills.
- September 14 – September 21 – translation
- Until September 21 – acceptance of competitive works
- September 21 – September 29 – the work of the competition commission
- September 30 – summing up.
Requirements for performance of competitive works.
The translation must correspond to the semantic and stylistic content of the original, as well as the linguistic and stylistic norms of the Russian language. When evaluating a competitive task, compliance with the orthoepic, spelling, punctuation, lexical and stylistic norms of the language is taken into account.
The winners are the participants whose work scored the most points according to the estimates of the competition commission. According to the results, prizes are established and winners are determined. The jury may make a special decision regarding the encouragement of participants.
Procedure for submission of works to the tender.
- Acceptance of competitive works is carried out from September 14 to September 21, 2021.
- Submit the tender work to: email@example.com
- In the SUBJECT of the letter indicate “Competition. NAME. “
- The translation text must be in doc format, Times New Roman 14 font, one and a half interval, fields 2 cm. File name: “Ivanov A.A.”
- The Tender Commission reserves the right to reject competitive works that do not meet the requirements specified in this provision.
- The works are evaluated in the order and according to the methods approved by the tender commission.