- Social and psychological education (formation in students the need in psychological knowledge in the interests of personal development and to solve professional problems);
- Social and psychological prevention actions (prevention of symptoms of students’ disadaptation); psychodiagnostics (to tell a student objective psychological information based on the research of his cognitive processes or personality traits);
3.Social and psychological correction (overcoming or compensating of deviations in student’s personal development);
- Professional orientation (ensuring professional self-determination and motivational orientation of a student);
- Psychological counseling (assisting a student in self-knowledge, achieving adequate self-esteem and adaptation in life conditions, shaping the value and motivational environment, overcoming crisis situations and achieving emotional stability that contribute to personal growth and self-development, including individual and group counseling).
6.System sociological monitoring among students, teaching staff of the university, providing the administration of the university with research, information and analytical and social prognostic material.
- Adaptation of students to the learning conditions at KSTU
Types of work aimed at improving the mechanisms of students’ adaptation to the learning conditions at KSTU:
- Psychodiagnostic examination of first-year students on the program of studying characteristics that have the largest influence on the process of adaptation to conditions of KSTU
- Individual psychological counseling for students experiencing difficulties in the adaptation process.
- Group psychological counseling using social and psychological training.
- Sociometric research of the structure of student groups to identify informal leaders and rejected group members.
- Simulation of exam situations and autogenic training for students with a low level of emotional and volitional regulation.