On the development of international cooperation of «Foreign languages» department
The department of foreign languages actively cooperates with the foreign universities, such as Colorado State University, Tambov state technical university, Penza state university. Contracts on the international cooperation were signed with these universities.
Within the international cooperation for 2017-2018 academic year the following events were held by the department of foreign languages:
1) Work on the invitation of professor from AOO “Nazarbaev University” Goodman Bridget, Graduate School of Education for participation in the international seminar “Problems and prospects of multilingual education” which was passed in February, 2018 was carried out.
2) Together with the U.S. Embassy in the Republic of Kazakhstan the advanced training course for teaching staff of foreign languages department in number of 36 hours was conducted by the teacher Benjamin Taylor (January, 2018).
3) Work on the invitation of professor from Colorado State University Constance Devereaux, (the State of Colorado, the USA) for holding a seminar of “How to become famous on the Internet” which was held on November 22, 2018 was carried out.
Within the international cooperation by the department of foreign languages in 2018-2019 academic year the following work is carried out:
1) On November 6 and 8, 2018 on the basis of Karaganda state technical university the Skype session “Research Framework” was carried out by professor Margaret-Mary Lilian Nelson (Manchester, England) for Master’s Degree Students, PhD students and young scientists.
2) On November 9, 2018 at the Karaganda state technical university the seminar by the foreign scientist on the subject “Risk management” for Master’s Degree Students, PhD students and young scientists was organized and held. The seminar was held in English by professor, the director of “The center of excellence in foreign trade” of the Bucharest University of Economic Studies Roxana Voicu-Dorobantu.
3) Work on the invitation of professor from Colorado State University Constance Devereaux, (the State of Colorado, the USA) as the main speaker at the international conference for Master’s Degree Students and PhD students which will take place on December 5, 2018 is carried out.
4) Together with Tambov state technical university, in particular with “International Professional and Scientific Communication” department holding of the international conference “Teaching English in professional context: entering global community” is planned which will take place on May 16-18, 2019 on the basis of TSTU. Within this conference the head of foreign languages department of Karaganda state technical university Damira D. Jantassova is included in the structure of Organizing committee.
External mobility of teachers
Within the academic mobility of the teaching staff of Foreign languages department the contract between Karaganda state technical university and Karaganda economic university of Kazpotrebsoyuz was signed according to which exchange of teachers for carrying out the practical classes and office hours to 2nd year students of specialty “Economy” on discipline “Professional oriented foreign language” in 2018-2019 academic year is carried out.
Training is carried out:
– from Karaganda economic university of Kazpotrebsoyuz by master of pedagogics Abdrakhmanova S.T. in volume of 45 hours;
– from Karaganda state technical university by masters of pedagogics Akhmetova D.R. and Udartseva T.S. in volume of 45 hours.