AP09260338 “Developing the potential of innovative training of engineers through STEAM education”. project manager Jantassova D.D.
The topic of integration of the scientific and technical sphere and art is one of the most relevant for the professional and technical society today, and creative industries based on creativity and intellectual capital have added new accents to the discussion. Foreign education specialists have recently resorted to the practice of STEAM education, which is based on interdisciplinarity and integration of five (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics-science) scientific fields into a single learning system to solve specific problems taken from real life. The obvious emphasis on the creative direction of the innovative economy today is manifested, in particular, in the fact that creative, artistic disciplines, united by the general term Arts, are actively included in STEM education. The necessity of unity of scientific and technical and Arts-directions in education is considered in the project as an opportunity to improve the quality of training of technical specialists by developing the potential of innovation and creativity of training programs for technical specialists.
The project examines the process of training technical students, STEAM learning technologies, educational and methodological documents and learning outcomes that affect academic performance and quality of education, taking into account the formation of a specialist with innovative thinking, skills of communicative cooperation, as well as the ability to make creative decisions in professional activities.
The aim of the project
Development and implementation of a model for training technical specialists through STEAM technologies for the implementation of sustainable training programs for intercultural communication, creative industry and creative cooperation based on creativity and intellectual capital. Assessment of the needs of the potential of higher education, development and implementation of measures to develop the potential of training programs in technical specialties based on the development of specialized competencies that strengthen the qualifications and abilities of students and teachers at the international level.
Expected and achieved results
– a model has been developed for developing the potential of training technical specialists through STEAM education;
– the components and structural relationships of the model are described;
– the principles of the model implementation have been adjusted in accordance with the new program documents in the field of higher education of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
– the correlation of STEAM competencies and training methods was carried out, on the basis of which the selection and description of the model components for implementation in working curricula was carried out;
– the subjects of the educational process involved in the interaction during the implementation of the model are identified;
– the analysis of interaction mechanisms is carried out;
– the functions of all subjects of the educational process are established, taking into account 5 specific STEAM approaches: the development of a new discipline, making changes to the content of disciplines based on the STEAM approach;
– the design of the working curriculum for the training of technical specialists in the following areas: “Mechanical Engineering”, “Information Systems”, “Architecture”;
– the mechanisms of interaction of all subjects of the educational process are determined;
– a toolkit has been developed aimed at the formation of communicative competence as a key one by combining the disciplines of different components of GED, UC and M into one module;
– the formation of modules ensuring the receipt of microqualifications has been carried out;
– a series of modules have been developed for the development of creative skills; ensuring interdisciplinary collaboration through horizontal blurring technology to achieve institutional diversity; as well as obtaining microqualification by students through the use of techniques for developing thinking flexibility and neuroplasticity.
|Figure 1- Working meeting of the research group
|Figure 2 – Working session of the research group
- https://stm.bookpi.org/RHLLE-V4/issue/view/1015 )
- Received 1 certificate of state registration of rights to the copyright object as a scientific work “Model of development of the potential of training technical specialists through STEAM education” No. 33292 dated 06.03.2023 (SIS).
- Jantassova Damira Dulatovna – Project manager, Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, Head of Foreign Languages Department at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-2595-3249
Researcher ID P-7271-2017
Scopus Author ID 57189027014
- Akhmetova Dinara Rashidovna – researcher, M. Sc. in Pedagogy, Senior Lecturer of Foreign Languages Department at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University
3.Yurchenko Vasily Viktorovich – Researcher, PhD, Head of “Technological Equipment, Mechanical Engineering and Standardization” Department at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University
Scopus Author ID 57213756780
- Kalinin Alexey Anatolyevich – Researcher, PhD, Head of “Information Computation Systems” Department at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University
Scopus Author ID 57193550259
- Shebalina Olga A. – junior researcher of the Engineering Pedagogy Center, Doctoral Candidate at Eurasian National University named after L.N. Gumilyov “Sociology”
Scopus Author ID: 57207845776
- Damiyev Daniel Temirgalievich – Researcher, M. Sc. Eng., Senior Laboratory Assistant of Foreign Languages Department at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University
ORCID iD 0000-0002-4245-6810
- Tentekbayeva Zhuldyz Mukhametkalieva, M.Sc. in Pedagogy, Senior lecturer of Foreign Languages Department at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University
Scopus Author ID 56027539800
- Vavilova Oksana Nikolaevna – Senior lecturer of “Architecture and Design” Department at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University
Information for potential users
The implementation of this project will create conditions for the formation of a basis of scientific knowledge and practical skills among the target audience through the technology of innovative training, as well as for the development of the potential of innovation and creativity of training programs for technical specialists.
Field of application
The results of the scientific research can be used in the practice of technical universities of Kazakhstan as methodological recommendations for the development of the potential for training engineers, the development of STEAM education as a key factor in the creative industry.
АР09261117 Development of web textbooks for levels B1, B2 “Qazaq tili” on Latin graphics using innovative technologies. (For higher education) project manager Nigmetova N.T.
Considering that the beginning of teaching the Kazakh language in Latin script is a step for the nation, the beginning of preparatory work for textbooks in the Latin alphabet characterizes the relevance of the topic.
The aim of the project
Support for the transition to the Latin alphabet.
Demonstration of the effectiveness of the use of innovative technologies in teaching the Kazakh language.
The main results of scientific research
- Based on the results of the experiment, the web textbook “Qazaq tili B1, B2” has been improved;
- The results of the survey of students-users of the web platform are analyzed;
- It was found that the students had no significant difficulties when working with the web textbook;
- The web textbook “Qazaq tili B1, B2” was developed and put into operation;
- The module “Grammar” was developed and implemented to increase the ease of grammar reading: https://q-uirenu.kz/grammar (Figure 1)
- A test results module has been developed and implemented: https://q-uirenu.kz/results (Figure 2)
In 2023, 2 articles were published in the domestic edition presented by the Committee of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and 1 report in the collection of the international conference.
List of publications
- Nygmetova N.T. “Studying the Level of Knowledge of the Kazakh Language by Students of Technical Specialties”. “University Proceedings”2 (87) 2022. pp. 250-254. NJSC “Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University”.
- Nygmetova N.T., Tursyn A.O., Derkach S.A., Zhetpisbai Sh.A., Abildaeva G.B. “Research of the first results of the introduction of the Qazaq tili web textbook into the educational process of the university”. “University Proceedings” No.4 (89) 2022. pp. 326-331 NJSC “Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University”.
- Nygmetova N.T., Mazhitaeva Sh.M. (Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University). The use of a web textbook in teaching the Kazakh language as part of the digitalization of education. “Formation of intellectual capital in the context of digital transformation: experience, challenges, prospects”. International scientific and practical online conference. December 14, 2022, NJSC “Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University”.
- Nygmetova Nurgul Tursynovna, candidate of philological sciences, acting associate professor of the “Kazakh language and culture” department .
Scopus Author ID 56127513100
- Zhetpisbai Sholpan Akhanovna – M.Sc. in Pedagogy, senior lecturer of the of “Kazakh language and culture” department.
Scopus Author ID 56178067800
- Tursyn Abylai Oralovich, Sc. in Economics, programmer.
- Derkach Sergey. Freelancer, designer.
- Mazhitaeva Shara – D.Sc. in Philology, Professor of Kazakh Linguistics Department at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University
Information for potential users
Web textbooks “Qazaq tili” for language levels B1, B2 can be guided and used in higher educational institutions, vocational education institutions.
Project No. AP09259869 “Development of methods for assessing occupational safety based on multivariate analysis and modeling at chemically hazardous facilities in Kazakhstan” (project manager Emelin P.V.).
Enterprises of the Republic of Kazakhstan where there are chemically hazardous facilities (CHF) are characterized by a variety and specificity of technological processes, peculiarities of working conditions, its organization and sanitary and hygienic situation.
The research group plans to create a methodological approach to the analysis and assessment of the risk of accidents, occupational injuries and occupational diseases of personnel at CHF enterprises of the Republic of Kazakhstan with its further integration into the standard process of system integrated occupational safety assessment.
The aim of the project
The aim of the project is to develop scientifically-based methods for assessing occupational safety and reducing the risks of accidents at CHF, occupational injuries and occupational diseases of workers of chemically hazardous facilities of enterprises of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Expected and achieved results
The development and implementation of the “Information and analytical system for monitoring and assessing the risk of accidents, occupational diseases and occupational injuries at enterprises with CHF of the Republic of Kazakhstan” will allow:
– controlling and supervisory organizations should promptly determine a set of measures aimed at reducing the impact of the damaging factors of emergencies, receive reliable information about the current and expected state of CHF, contribute to more effective regulation and state control;
– to provide local executive authorities with reliable information about the current and expected state of occupational safety at potentially hazardous facilities in order to make timely decisions on measures to improve it;
– the management of enterprises to improve the efficiency of occupational risk management, conduct a comprehensive analysis and assessment of the risk of accidents, occupational injuries and occupational diseases of personnel, calculate and predict quantitative characteristics of the safety condition that can be controlled at specific technological facilities or processes, which in turn will reduce the economic costs associated with the elimination of damage to the production environment and the labor process;
The developed software product can be a subsystem of the unified Corporate information and communication system “Computer system for monitoring hazard classes of industrial enterprises of the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
A methodological approach has been developed to create multifactor models and risk assessment and management systems based on a multi-criteria decision-making methodology based on the method of expert assessments and statistical analysis, which allows an industrial enterprise to develop a set of measures aimed at preventing chemical accidents and reducing the consequences if they occur.
List of publications for 2023
1) Kudryavtsev S.S., Emelin P.V., Emelina N.K. Methods of environmental risk assessment from emergencies at chemically hazardous facilities// Occupational safety in industry. — 2022. — No. 5. — С. . DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2022-5
2) Emelin P.V. Analysis and evaluation of existing approaches to the safety management system at industrial enterprises with chemically hazardous facilities University Proceedings, Karaganda: Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University, 2022, No. 3 (88). pp. 119 – 124. http://tu.kstu.kz/archive/issue/94?page=2
3) Kudryavtsev S.S., Emelin P.V., Amirov A.Zh., Kozhanov M.G., Rakhimberlina A.A. Topical issues of industrial and environmental safety of chemically hazardous facilities for the production of sulfuric acid. University Proceedings, Karaganda: Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University, 2022, No. 3 (88). pp. 172 – 177. http://tu.kstu.kz/archive/issue/94?page=3
- Emelin Pavel Vladimirovich – Project manager, D.Sc. in engineering, deputy director for science and innovations of LLP “NCCWP”, laboratory assistant of the MA&OS Department.
ORCID ID 0000-0001-7431-0069.
Author ID in Scopus 57194898487.
Researcher ID Web of Science AAZ-5032-2020.
- Kudryavtsev Sergey Sergeevich – responsible executor, Candidate of Biological Sciences, Associate Professor of CCTD department at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University.
ORCID ID 0000-0002-7232-6304.
Author ID in Scopus 57194898408.
Researcher ID Web of Science AAA-6935-2020.
Amirov Azamat Zhanbulatovich – PhD, Director of distance learning Technologies at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University.
ORCID ID 0000-0002-5895-7185
Author ID in Scopus 57204729952.
- Derbush Svetlana Nikolaevna – Candidate of Biological Sciences, Associate Professor of CCTD department at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University.
ORCID ID 0000-0003-4520-1546.
- Rakhimberlina Aigerim Amantaevna – M. Sc. Eng., teacher of MA&OS department at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University.
ORCID ID 0000-0002-5310-5944
- Natalia Konstantinovna Emelina – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Senior Researcher, Labor Market Research Laboratory, Senior Lecturer at the National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE), Moscow, Russia.
ORCID ID 0000-0002-0215-7525.
Author ID in Scopus 5719487103657194871036.
Researcher ID Web of Science AAT-1281-2020
- Kozhanov Murat Galiaskarovich – PhD, Head of the University Informatization Department at Abylkas Saginov Karaganda Technical University
Author ID in Scopus 57299476600
Researcher ID Web of Science FGQ-4866-2022.
Information for potential users
The results of the project implementation allow the industrial enterprise to develop a set of measures aimed at preventing chemical accidents and reducing the consequences in case of their occurrence.
Field of application: occupational safety and industrial safety.