AP19576811 «Development of technology for obtaining a conditioned product from highly dispersed dust of ferroalloy production» – scientific supervisor Issagulova D.A.
During the production of ferroalloys, a large number of by-products are formed: slag, sediments of fine fractions of ore raw materials and finished products (ferroalloys), sludge, dust and a number of other materials. Their use and processing make it possible to reduce the consumption of raw minerals, thereby increasing the efficiency of main production and reducing environmental pollution. The greatest environmental risks are posed by man-made waste from the metallurgical industry of ferroalloy production, which is finely dispersed formations in the form of dust and sludge from various types of production. One of the main methods for coarsening powdered substances is briquetting as a process that requires energy expenditure only to give a certain shape to the briquettes and their compaction and does not require thermal energy expenditure for agglomeration. Briquetting is the cheapest and most compact way of agglomerating various dusty materials, so it becomes economically feasible to agglomerate production waste using the briquetting method on presses.
Objective of the project
creation of a new technology for producing ferrosilicon briquettes from highly dispersed dust of ferroalloy production using a new complex binder material.
Expected and achieved results
As a result of the project implementation there will be:
– a new composition of briquetted ferrosilicon was obtained;
– a new technology for producing durable briquettes from dust has been developed;
– the mechanism of interaction between highly dispersed ferroalloy production dust and a new complex binder material has been determined.
Results achieved so far:
As a result of the analysis of literature data on the problem considered in the work, the goals and objectives of the study were formulated.
The first samples of a conditioned product from highly dispersed dust (FDP) have been received and for further research a series of studies will be carried out to examine the full composition of the characteristics and chemical compositions of the resulting conditioned product. This work is an initial study that attempts to determine the parameters using two different binders and two different formulations. This study shows that the process can be extended to reuse other bulk solid waste from ferroalloy production and comprehensively solve the problem of bulk solid waste disposal.
Figure 2 – Sample 4: a – before testing; b – after testing
- Issagulova Diana Aristotelna- scientific supervisor, PhD, associate professor of the department of «Nanotechnology and Metallurgy», Abylkas Saginov KarTU, H-index is equal in the Clarivate Analytics database 2, in the Scopus database 3, in the RSCI database 6. Scopus ID 55778253200.
- Omarova Aidana Yerzhankyzy – responsible executor, doctoral student gr. METD-22-1, Department of Nanotechnology and Metallurgy, Abylkas Saginov KarTU, Hirsch Index 0, ORCID 0000-0002-6942-2020, Researcher ID ABD-5912-2021, Scopus ID 56901129500
- Shcherbakova Elena Petrovna – PhD, acting Associate Professor of the department NTM, ORCID 0000-0001-6678-6673 Researcher ID N-5639-2017 Scopus Author ID 55543103900
- Arinova Saniya Kaskataevna– performer, PhD, teacher of the department «Nanotechnologies and Metallurgy», Abylkas Saginov KarTU, Hirsch Index 1 Scopus ID 57192206332.
- Dostayeva Ardak Mukhamedievna- performer, PhD, responsible executor Associate professor of the department of Nanotechnology and Metallurgy, Abylkas Saginov KarTU, Hirsch Index 4
ORCID 0000-0002-1982-2368, Researcher ID AAB-9478-2020, Scopus ID 57160297400.
- Kovaleva Tatyana Viktorovna- performer, teacher of the department of «Nanotechnology and Metallurgy», Abylkas Saginov KarTU, Hirsch Index 2, Researcher ID: A-2567-2017, ORCID 0000-0002-1186-1805, Scopus ID 57211297553.
- Aitbayev Nurlan Berikul- performer, art. Lecturer at the Department of Nanotechnology and Metallurgy, KarTU named after Abylkas Saginov, Hirsch Index – 2, Scopus Author ID: 57211295299, ORCID: 0000-0002-7469-4442.
- Alina Arailym Altynbekovna- performer, teacher of the department «Nanotechnology and Metallurgy»,Abylkas Saginov KarTU, Hirsch Index 0, ORCID 0000-0003-3577-4914, Scopus ID 57218196165.
- Kuripko Stanislav Aleksandrovich – M.Sc., chief designer of «KMZ named after LLP. Parkhomenko»
- Adamova Gulden Khasenovna- performer, doctoral student gr. METD-21-1, Department of Nanotechnology and Metallurgy, Abylkas Saginov KarTU, Hirsch Index 0, ORCID 0000-0001-6933-6571
List of publications
1) Omarova A.E., Issagulova D.A., Kwon S.S., Kovaleva T.V. Selection of a binder for the production of briquettes from highly dispersed dust of ferroalloy production / DOI 10.52209/1609-1825_2023_3_79. Proceedings of the University №3 (92) • 2023.http://tu.kstu.kz/archive/journal/26
2) D.A. ISSAGULOVA, S.V.S. KVON, A.E. OMAROVA,
T.V. KOVALEVA, V.YU. KULIKOV, A.A. ALINA/ Studying the binder effect on the properties of briquettes of ferroalloy production waste. ISSN 0543-5846 METABK 63(1) 143-145 (2024). Journal of METALURGIJA 63 (2024) 1, 143-145. Croatia.
3) Patent for a utility model. Authors Omarova A.E., Issagulova D.A., Kovaleva T.V., Alina A.A. № 8617 from November 10, 2023.
Information for potential users
The results obtained are the basis for conducting more detailed research on the development of pressing and drying modes from high-pressure fiberboard of Kazakhstani content for the production of a standard product.
Metallurgy, ferroalloy production.
AP19579377 Research and justification of the parameters of special drilling and blasting operations in order to minimize the negative impact on the stability of the sides to increase the efficiency of quarries s.w .Hussan B.
Currently, in large mineral deposits developed by open-pit mining, a transition is being made to the development of deep horizons. With increasing depths, ensuring the stability of the sides and benches of quarries is one of the main tasks of mining production. The stability of the quarry sides is assessed both by the initial mining and geological environmental conditions and the parameters of special drilling and blasting operations, and by the seismic impact of the explosion, which must be taken into account through the parameters of their influence. At the same time, an increase in the angle of repose of the pit sides leads to a reduction in the volume of excavation and increases the economic efficiency of field development. However, this increases the risk of collapse of slope structures in a quarry as a result of geodynamic movements associated with rock pressure and the influence of short-term impulse loads caused by blasting. The assessment of the stable state of a slope structure at a certain angle is based on measurements of the displacement of the massif in one direction or another within sufficiently long observation periods, while short-period deformations leading to local interblock movements when justifying stable angles are not taken into account. In this regard, unsubstantiated scientifically and insufficiently careful drilling and blasting operations near slope structures can cause a violation of their stability and lead to catastrophic landslides.
The subject of the study is mineral deposits developed by open pit mining, deep in the aspect of stability of the pit sides.
The goal of the project is to study the influence of drilling and blasting operations on the quarry side near the limit contour, to ensure minimal impact of drilling and blasting operations on the stability of the quarry sides, increasing safety when working under high benches. The development of effective parameters for special drilling and blasting operations will ensure a pile of well-crushed, loosened rock, as well as an undamaged slope according to the design.
It is necessary to establish the relationship between the parameters of drilling and blasting operations, mining and geological conditions and the stability of the sides of the quarry, taking into account the influence of the seismic impact of the explosion.
Expected and achieved results:
To achieve the project goal and planned tasks, it is planned to obtain results of different content and scope.
Quantifying the results of drilling and blasting operations is a critical component of the research process. This is the determination of the parameters of special drilling and blasting operations in order to minimize the negative impact on the stability of the pit walls with an assessment of the technical and economic effect of their use in open-pit mining.
As a result of the research, it is necessary to develop technological regulations for the production of drilling and blasting materials at the maximum contour of the quarry.
This made it possible to substantiate the technology of drilling and blasting operations during contour blasting, ensuring a long-term stable position of the permanent quarry side, and also to evaluate the effect of the explosion, the seismicity coefficient of the rock mass was used, which characterizes the degree of elastic response to external dynamic influences and is a parameter that determines the intensity of the elastic seismic wave as you move away from the explosion site. Based on the calculation, a map of the distribution of the seismicity coefficient in the quarry space was constructed. Using the method of instrumental measurements, which is used to determine the seismic impact of an explosion on a rock mass, the degree of impact of the explosion on the edge massif was revealed. This made it possible to develop a method for assessing the quality of the explosion, based on determining the percentage of permissible deviations in the quality of the face drilling.
The research results will be used in the preparation of 2 PhD theses, 2 master’s theses and educational and methodological complexes in the discipline «Destruction of rocks by explosion» of the educational program 6B07202 «Mining», «Improving drilling and blasting operations» of the educational program 7M07202 «Mining».
- Hussan Bolathan – scientific supervisor, PhD, senior lecturer at the Department of DMDD
- h-index – 2
Researcher ID X-7308-2018
Scopus Author ID 57208583785
- Mustafin Saken Amanzholovich – responsible executive, m.t.s., chief technologist of Alliance Nedraproject LLP.
- Kakim Sanata Talgatuly – M.Sc., senior lecturer of the Department of DMDD.
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-0123-4020
4 .Asanova Zhanar Mazhitovna – PhD, senior lecturer of the department of DMDD
Scopus:Author ID 57224985956
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-1169-8729
- Zamaliyev Nail Mansurovich – PhD, senior lecturer of the Department of DMDD.
h-index – 1
Scopus: Author ID 57194194006
Researcher ID Web of Science: AHA-9283-2022
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-0628-2654
- Eskenova Gulnur Berikovna – m.t.s., senior lecturer of the department of DMDD.
- Shaike Nurlan Kanatuly – doctoral student gr. GD-D-22-2 department of DMDD.
- Oralbay Aldiyar Oralbayuly – doctoral student gr. GD-D-20-1 department of DMDD.
IH 1, Scopus Author ID: 57554564800 and 57415975200
In the process of implementing the Project, it is planned to publish research results in journals and collections of scientific works of Kazakh and foreign scientific publications, including – 1 article or review in a peer-reviewed foreign or domestic publication recommended by KOKSNVO, 2 articles and (or) reviews in peer-reviewed scientific publications on scientific direction of the project, indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded database of the Web of Science and (or) having a percentile of at least 35 (thirty-five) according to CiteScore in the Scopus database, as well as the publication of 1 monograph and receipt of 3 documents of protection (SIS), 1 patent research results.
Information for potential users:
The result of the research work is to improve the technology for drilling and blasting operations in the perimeter zone of the quarry and minimizing the negative impact of drilling and blasting operations on the stability of the quarry sides. Potential consumers of research results are research centers, mining and design companies.
AP19578884 Increasing wear resistance and improving the design of the tool of a tire punching machine – s.w. Mussayev M.M.
Global integration of domestic and foreign manufacturers has led to an increase in the use of foreign technology in domestic industry. One of which is tire punching machines.
Manufacturers and suppliers of these machines, as well as technological and tooling equipment for them, are Russian and Chinese manufacturers. It has been revealed that the tool used to punch holes in tires wears out quickly and fails more often. The worn-out tool is replaced with a new one, which is purchased from foreign manufacturers. Tool consumption is very high and negatively affects the cost of manufactured products.
The results of the study showed that the tool used to punch holes in tires wears out quickly and is more likely to fail. The worn-out tool is replaced with a new one, which is purchased from foreign manufacturers. Tool consumption is very high and negatively affects the cost of manufactured products.
The current problem dictates the need to develop technology for increasing the wear resistance of the tool structure of tire punching machines and scientific research aimed at solving this problem is relevant.
Objective of the project
The goal of the project is to increase wear resistance and improve the design of the tire punching machine tool
As a result of the project, a technology will be created to increase the wear resistance of the working part of the tire punching tool. A prototype of a tire punching tool will be developed and manufactured.
The results of the project will be published:
– 2 (two) articles and (or) reviews in peer-reviewed scientific publications in the scientific direction of the project, indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded of the Web of Science database and (or) having a CiteScore percentile in the Scopus database of at least 35 (thirty-five);
– 2 (two) articles or reviews in a peer-reviewed foreign or domestic publication recommended by KOKSNVO;
– 1 patent of the Republic of Kazakhstan for a utility model;
– 1 certificate of state registration of rights to an object of copyright;
– 1 monograph.
Based on the results of the study, recommendations will be developed for the use of technology to increase the wear resistance of the working part of the tire punching tool, as well as for the production of tire punching tools of a new design.
Dissemination of research results to potential users, the scientific community and the general public will be carried out regularly through presentations at international conferences and technical industry meetings.
A doctoral dissertation (PhD) by D.S. Kassymbabina will be defended on the topic of the project. and two master’s theses in mechanical engineering.
– 1 article or review in a peer-reviewed foreign or domestic publication recommended by KOKSNVO;
– 1 certificate of state registration of rights to the object of copyright.
- Musayev Medgat Muratovich – scientific supervisor, PhD, associate professor of the Department of TEME&SD
Hirsch index – 4;
Researcher ID: AAR-6997-2020;
Scopus Author ID: 57220743851
- Donenbayev Bakytzhan Serikovich – executive officer, PhD, senior lecturer of the Department of Mechanics
Hirsch index – 2,
Researcher ID: Y-2178-2018,
Scopus Author ID: 57193404717
- Abdugaliyeva Gulnur Baymurzayevna – performer, PhD, associate professor of the Department of TEME&SD
Hirsch index – 2;
Researcher ID: AAN-2968-2021;
Scopus Author ID: 57200327289
- Tussupova Sayagul Oralovna, – performer, PhD, senior lecturer at Toraighyrov university,
Hirsch index – 2;
Researcher ID: AGX-8685-2022;
Scopus Author ID: 57210194689
- Karsakova Nurgul Zholaevna – performer, doctoral student gr. MSD-20 department TEME&SD
Hirsch index – 1;
Scopus Author ID: 57219115360
- Kassymbabina Dana Sailauovna – performer, doctoral student gr. MSD-22 department of TEME&SD Scopus Author ID: 57882320800
List of publications
1.Mussayev M.M., Donenbayev B.S., Sherov K.T., Kassymbabina D.S., Aman I.M. Shinateskish bildekterdin kuraldarynyn tozu sipatyn zertteu zane taldau // Science and technology of Kazakhstan, – Pavlodar: Publishing house «Toraighyrov University», 2023. – № 2. – pp. 48-56.
- Certificate № 37787 on entering information into the state register of rights to objects protected by copyright. Shinateskish bildekterdin kuraldarynyn tozu sipatyn zertteu zane taldau / Kassymbabina D.S., Mussayev M.M. Publ. 07/04/2023
Information for potential users
Potential consumers of the developed technology are domestic industrial enterprises with punching machines. The developed technology for increasing the wear resistance of the working part of a tire punching tool, as well as the combined design of a tire punching tool, have a high level of commercialization.
Mechanical processing branch of mechanical engineering.
AP19579208 «Creation of a universal prototype of a gear pump for hydraulic systems capable of pumping viscous liquids of various natures» – head, Ph.D., Professor O.M. Zharkevich.
Due to the desire to constantly increase productivity, efficiency, minimize dimensions, reduce intrinsic vibration, pulsation, adverse loads, cavitation and wear of gear pump components, the requirements for materials, technologies, fits and dimensional tolerances are constantly increasing. This leads to continuous improvement in manufacturing methods, both the pumps themselves and the materials used to manufacture them, and the most important indicators are the lowest possible failure rate, wide range of applicability in the industry, resistance to changing conditions, and the lowest possible noise generation and pulsation.
Thus, the creation of the concept of an innovative gear pump for hydraulic control systems of production machines using various types of oils, as well as a compact design solution for damping mechanical vibrations and reducing power loads.
Objective of the project
Development of the concept of an innovative gear pump for powering hydraulic control systems of working machines and pumping other edible oils, as well as a compact solution for damping mechanical vibrations.
Expected and achieved results
A calculation was made for the strength of a gear pump housing made of three materials: aluminum, cast iron, polycarbonate.
- Zharkevich Olga Mikhailovna – c.t.s., professor of the department of TEME&SD, scientific supervisor, Scopus Author ID 55339344600; ORCID 0000-0002-4249-4710.
- Nikonova Tatyana Yurievna – Ph.D., t.s., Associate professor of the department of TEME&SD, responsible executor, Scopus Author ID 57202087837; ORCID 0000-0002-6539-126.
- Gierc Lukasz – DSc, Professor at Poznań University of Technology, Scopus Author ID 57203678825; ORCID 0000-0003-4040-5718.
- Berg Alexandra Sergeevna – M.Sc., assistant of the department of TEME&SD, Scopus Author ID 57220610005, ORCID 0000-0003-0528-640X.
- Berg Andrey Alekseevich – M.Sc., engineer of the Department of TEME&SD, Scopus Author ID 57666724300; ORCID 0000-0002-8907-1803
- Zhunuspekov Darkhan Serikovich – doctoral student gr. MSD-20-1 Department of TEME&SD, Scopus Author ID 57209738503; ORCID 0000-0002-3922-738X.
List of publications
- Zharkevich, O.; Nikonova, T.; Gierz, L.; Berg, A.; Berg, A.; Zhunuspekov, D.; Warguła, L.; Zykowski, W.; Fryczyński, K. «Parametric Optimization of a New Gear Pump Casing Based on Weight Using a Finite Element Method» // Applied Sciences 13(22):12154, in the scientific direction of the project, indexed in the Web of Science database and having a percentile according to CitcScore in Scopus database 75%. DOI: 10.3390/app132212154
- Zharkevich O.M., Nikonova T.Y., Giertz L., Berg A.S., Berg A.A. Analysis of design and technological features of gear pumps // Bulletin of the Eurasian National University named after L.N. Gumilyov. №2, Series Technical Sciences, 2023, 204 – 214
Information for potential users
The design of the gear pump will increase the service life by at least four times, accordingly, the savings will be about 60,000 euros after 10 years on only one pump without losses due to equipment downtime. Thus, the results of the project can be considered commercializable in any enterprise where hydraulic equipment is serviced.
The proposed gear pump design can be used in hydraulic equipment capable of pumping liquids of various viscosities.