Faculty Scientific Activities
The mining department much attention is paid to scientific work carried out on state budgetary and contractual issues. The total annual funding of scientific research faculty exceeds 60 mln.tenge. At the same time customers contractual topics are mainly large industrial enterprises of the mining complex, including members of the Corporate-KSTU University: UD JSC “Arcelor Mittal Temirtau” JSC, “SSGOPO” LLP “Corporation” Kazakhmys “, JSC” Zhairem ” , LLP “the Nova Zinc”, JSC “Shubarkolkomir”, JSC “Karagandanerud” KF JSC “Azimut Energy Services”, JSC “Kazpromgeofizika” and others.
The main scientific base of faculty is – Laboratory of Engineering Profile (LIP) – “Integrated development of mineral raw material resources” of the University, which is equipped with the latest equipment, devices and equipment.
In the 2016-2017 academic year, the faculty teaching staff of the department published 58 scientific articles in rating journals of Kazakhstan, CIS and foreign countries, including 15 articles in journals included in the database Thomson Reuters and Scopus.
Issued 16 monographs, filed 5 applications for invention, obtained 6 copyright certificates and received 3 patents. Concluded topics 10 contractual research totaling 67.64 million.tenge.
|Departments||Articles,the total number of /including Base TR, S||Monographs||Enrollment / ICU /patent|
|Departments||Number of service contractworks||The volume of financing, of service contractworks mln.tg||Number of action Scientific research||The number of enterprises of the Corporate University, which conducted exit meeting|
In the departments of the Mining faculty are 16 students’ scientific circles, which involved 132 students and 84 undergraduates. Each year, students complete a thesis on scientific topics, take an active part in conferences at various levels, and Republican competitions NIRS, which constantly win prizes. Undergraduates conduct research and experimental work on the writing of a thesis at the industrial enterprises. Students and undergraduates scientific circles involved in contractual works to address specific production problems.
Prospects for increasing the effectiveness of research at the Faculty are to implement the following measures:
- Strengthen the work on effective cooperation with companies belonging to the Corporate University and the Industrialization Map, as well as foreign (top 500) and the domestic institutions of higher education;
- Involve students and undergraduates to scientific projects and contractual works departments (increased to 30%);
- Increase by 10% the activity of faculty publications in rating magazines of the country, and abroad (KazBTs, RISC, Thomson Reuters, Scopus);
- Increase the provision of research services and knowledge transfer to the production by the conclusion and implementation of topics economic agreement;
- Activate the work of innovation centers and direct them to solve specific manufacturing problems;
- Orient schools of departments to prepare scientific teams of promising young scientists in order to promote innovation and entrepreneurship, as well as the creation of start-up companies and spinaut for research projects and their commercialization;
- Pay special attention when typing in the master’s and doctoral studies in the scientific capacity and leadership abilities of candidates;