Institute of Geophysics, Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Order of the Red Banner of Labor Institute of Geophysics was created by decree of the Presidium of the USSR Academy from 10.01.58 y. N 5 on the basis of the Department of Geophysics Mining and Geological Institute of the USSR UFAN to develop Geophysical Research in the Urals, the theoretical study of the problems for consideration and analysis of available data on geophysics for setting the general theoretical, experimental and field studies. At the present time – a major center of geophysical research in the Urals, only in the territory from Moscow to Novosibirsk.
Main research fields:
The study of the structure of laws, dynamics of the Earth’s crust and upper mantle on the basis of geological and geophysical data; study of geophysical fields, the establishment and improvement of geophysical methods and systems for the purpose of forecasting, prospecting and exploration of ore and other types of minerals, earthquake prediction, the development of resource-saving technologies, environmental monitoring of the environment; the creation of geophysical equipment and fundraising automation, transmission, processing, storage and interpretation of data, including, for the study of deep and ultradeep wells.
The structure of the Institute:
As part of the Institute of 8 laboratories, group seismic electromagnetic research and Geophysical Observatory “Artie” with seismic, magnetic and ionospheric stations.
The main directions of scientific research for 2006-2010
- Laboratory of seismology, Head. lab. Ph.D. Senin L.N.: compiling seismological cuts on profiles NHS, EULEX, CDP; profile and bulk gravity modeling, drafting density model of the lithosphere of the Ural region and its individual parts; seismicity study, physical and mechanical properties of the upper part of the section due to the environ-cal issues, regional and detailed seismic zoning of the Ural region and its individual parts.
- Regional Laboratory of Geophysics, Head. lab. Ph.D. Nachapkin N.I. .: dynamic simulation of modern tectonic deformation of the crust of the Urals; complex 3D data-interpretation of gravity and magnetic field; study paleomagnetism and paleogeodynamics Middle Paleozoic Urals; construction of the volume of geological and geophysical models of the upper part of the lithosphere of the North Urals; identification of the main features of geodynamic development of the Volga-Ural oil and gas province (from Jurassic time to Triassic) Geophysical and paleotectonic data; development of a system of signs and the characteristics of the scheme in the interpretation of geophysical fields, in relation to the tasks paleogeodynamics and mineralization.
- Laboratory Electrometry, Head. lab. Ph.D. Ratushnyak A.N.: development of the theoretical foundations of the spontaneous polarization (PS) and PS logging interpretation methods on the example of oil and gas wells of the West Siberian region; aero ground development of electromagnetic methods for the study of the geoelectric structure of the upper crust; Study manifestation of the deep structure of the Urals to the electromagnetic fields; mobile development of equipment and software measurement of geomagnetic field variations in the frequency range 0.1-20 Hz for geophysical and medical research.
- Laboratory of Nuclear Geophysics, Head. lab. Doctor Sc Demezhko D.YU .: development of a methodology for monitoring the movements of modern block structures of the Urals on the basis of the latest GPS – technologies; simulation of tectonic allocation signal in the variations of radon exhalation in the rock mass in a quasi-elastic deformation; Theoretical and experimental studies of radon monitoring laws under controlled boundary conditions at the boundary surface to air; Experimental study of high-temperature electrical conductivity of ultramafic host asbestos mineralization; Experimental studies of the thermal field of the Urals according to borehole thermometry; Experimental study of thermal properties of rocks of the Urals; Development of a prototype downhole quartz thermometer with gallium termorepe rum; the study of climate change at the turn of the Pleistocene and Holocene in Northern Eurasia, based on geothermal data; Numerical simulation of the temperature distribution for the regional non-linear of 3D-models; construction aggregate function analog Safronov for new mechanism of accumulation of the planets and the initial stage of the thermal evolution of the Earth; Numerical modeling of the effects of geomagnetic field generation in MAC approximation for various models of the Earth’s core; To study the efficacy of Geothermal in modeling density sections of the Ural geosyncline.
- Laboratory of Mathematical Geophysics, Head. lab. Prof. Martyshko P.S .: Development of physico-mathematical model to describe the generation of acoustic emission (issue) in a heterogeneous geomedium; mathematical modeling of the process of generation of acoustic emission; development of methods of quantitative interpretation of acoustic measurements; Modeling the effects of bias from sources in the Earth’s crust natural variation of the geomagnetic field; spatio-temporal characteristics of geomagnetic field variations and their relation to the structural and dynamic characteristics of the crust of the Urals; determine the optimal features for classes of analytic approximation of the gravitational field.
- Laboratory borehole geophysics, Head. lab. dts Astrakhantsev YG .: conduct the development and modernization of the equipment for measuring the magnetic field variations, geo-acoustic signals and electromagnetic signals; development of methodical receptions of comparison and detection of the measurements of the magnetic field variations, geo-acoustic signals and electromagnetic signals; carrying out experimental work on the surface and in the holes of the Urals and other regions, including the measurement of geomagnetic field variations, geo-acoustic, electromagnetic signals and terrestrial vector magnetometer; petromagnetic conducting research sample (core) in the area of research of geomagnetic field variations.
- Environmental Geophysics Laboratory, Head. lab. Ph.D. Ulitin RV .: study of the resolution of the electromagnetic differential sensing in the assessment of the volume distribution in the subsurface contaminated groundwater; theoretical and experimental study of the effectiveness of the geoelectric monitoring at the control of a technical condition of ground engineering objects; development of methods for studying the frequency dispersion of sediments, study of the relationship of the frequency dispersion of parameters with other petrophysical characteristics for the purposes of monitoring of engineering structures; the development of a technique of construction of geoelectric cuts for Complex electromagnetic soundings with the measurement of the vertical component Hz in the field of space combined magnetic and electric dipole sources.
- Laboratory of Geophysics, Head. lab. Doctor Sc Igolkina G.V.: geophysical study of local effects in the oil and gas basins and their relationship with accumulations of hydrocarbons; determining hydrocarbon saturation of collectors on the dynamics of seismic acoustic emission vibrovolnovoe impact on surface and downhole options; development of control technology for the water content of the current oil and gas seismic acoustic emission monitoring; development of control technology for the separation of gas behind the casing flows GASH monitoring wells.
- Group seysmoelektromagnitnyh research arms. Group Prof. Khachai .: OA development of methods for electromagnetic field simulation and seismic (dynamic version) for the hierarchy of complex environments; develop an algorithm for the simulation of nonlinear seismic effects on local objects with nested structure; study of the problem of stability of formulation options hierarchically organized environment; carrying out full-scale integrated geophysical, geological and geomechanical studies Tashtagol objects Dalnogorsk, N.Tagil.
Training of scientists, the relationship with universities.
Specialized Council D003.31.01 approved at the Institute of Geophysics, Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Ministry of Education order of VAK of the Russian Federation of March 16, 2001 № 736-in. Dissertation councils are allowed to take the protection of doctoral and master’s theses on the specialty 25.00.10 – Geophysics, geophysical methods of mineral deposits, technical, physical and mathematical and geological-mineralogical sciences.
The Institute operates on postgraduate training of highly qualified specialists in the following specialties: 25.00.10 – Geophysics, geophysical methods of searches of minerals. In 2005, six people were accepted to graduate school. He graduated from the graduate school and was recruited to the Institute for the position of a junior researcher 1 people. As of 31.12.2005 in graduate school trained 13 graduate students full-time study and distance learning graduate student 1. Scientific post-graduate management are 1 corr. Russian Academy of Sciences, 5 PhDs, 3 PhD.
International scientific and technical communication
The Institute actively participate in international scientific events. Concluded a cooperation agreement with the University of Tokyo and the National Center for Earthquake Studies (Tainan city Taypsy).
Institute conducted jointly with the University of Munich expeditions from paleomagnetic studies in the Urals.
The Institute implements its development abroad. On the basis of the Institute of Geophysics development held great experiment in the northern Tien Shan to study the process of preparation of a tectonic earthquake based on spatio-temporal monitoring of radon. The experiment also involved the Institute of Seismology NAS Kyrgyzstan and the Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University.
Apparatus and method of magnetic logging of deep and ultradeep wells are used in Kazakhstan and Ukraine.
“Artie” Observatory since 1988 participates in the international project «IRIS» (Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology). Carry out continuous seismological observations with seismic IRIS / IDA and the data is transmitted in the Geophysical Survey RAS in real time.
The Institute is the executor of tasks of international projects such as:
UNESCO Project 408. Comparison of composition, structure and physical
rock properties on the Kola SG-3 and their homologues on the surface.
UNESCO Project 428. Change according to the analysis of paleoclimate
borehole temperature measurements.
INTAS 1999-2000 № 32046. theme «Development of theory and Technology of geoelectrical methods for environmental assessment and monitoring at sites of ground water contamination».
Project INTAS-2001-314. Subject «Geodynamics in the cross-section of Kola
Superdeep »(Geodynamics of the Kola super-deep well).
ISTC Grant KR-187.2 «Creation of an automated system for monitoring radon in the northern Tien Shan.”
The “Oe” The study of the long-wavelength magnetic lithospheric
“EVROPROEA” International Project.
The international project «IRIS».
The international project «INTERMAGNET».
International project “Atlas of the heat flux of Eurasia.”
Problematic issues of the Institute of Geophysics, UB RAS
Increasing the level of general education of future professionals through the establishment of scientific and educational centers (REC) for basic education. Scientific and educational centers will be a single set of formation of professional competence and the development of technological innovation on the basis of fundamental and applied research in collaboration with academic institutions and industry.
Improving the information security of the educational process through the creation of modern systems of service and information support of the educational process, which will translate all subjects studied in multimedia teaching and metadicheskih complexes format available in remote mode.
Providing technological innovations through the creation of modern laboratory facilities for the educational process and research, the creation of scientific and educational-industrial complexes.
The entry of the company into the Corporate University provides an opportunity to address issues such as:
– Professional development and training of specialists in the field of geotechnology royalties based on the latest achievements of the science of the Earth, the advanced domestic and foreign experience and practice requirements of royalties;
– A combination of university theory and practical experience of leading industrial companies for internships of the teaching staff;
– The integration of human resources and material and technical resources of partner organizations to ensure that the tasks at the present stage to scientific and educational institutions of both countries;
– The use of material resources of partner organizations for the implementation of educational activities of testing and putting into practice the results of scientific research.