Department of Energy and Telecommunications
Mountain-electromechanical (MEM), the faculty was opened in 1957 and in 1958 took the first twenty-edition mining engineers, electrical engineers. In the period from 1957 to 1960. Deans of MEM were A.M. Epstein, O.V. Horoshev, A.F. Kichigin. During these years, the faculty consisted of the Department of General and mining electrical engineering, mining machinery and mining transport, mining electrical engineering (ME).
In 1962. opened a new specialty “Electrification and automation of mining operations (MA)” for the training of engineers with expertise, “mining engineer and electrician.” The Chair of computer-aided manufacturing (APP).
With the transfer of a number of specialties in 1963. Temirtau branch in the Karaganda Polytechnic Institute was reorganized and merged into the Faculty of Mechanics and Technology Faculty. However, in 1966. Mining and electromechanical department was re-established.
In 1969. Department was founded, “Industrial Electronics”, which in 1970. was transformed into the Department of Electronic and Instrumentation (EaT), computing and information technology (CaIT).
The transformations allowed to set the task of training in Central Kazakhstan specialists in the field of automated data processing and information systems, specialty 0638 – “Automation and mechanization of the processing and release of information” – and the AIS in 1975. based on mining and electro-mechanical faculty was the Faculty of Automation and Information Systems (AaIS). Dean of the Faculty was appointed V.K. Donis. The faculty includes the Department of APP, CaIT, AaIS, electrification of industrial enterprises (EIE), the theoretical foundations of Electrical Engineering (TFE), which employed more than 50 teachers, half of them have academic degrees and titles.
After five years of university administration decided to restructure the faculty of AIS in electromechanical department (EMD), including its constituent departments of APP, CaIT, AaIS, MA. Dean of the Faculty of electromechanical became associate professor, Ph.D. LS Ushakov, issuing departments were APP and EIE specialty MA, ICT specialty AIS; GMiK, ET on specialty “Mining machines and systems,” OiTSP specialty “Welding Technology”.
In 1993, the university administration decided to KarPTI create a new Faculty of Information Technology (FIT) with the inclusion of IIT faculties, CaIT and the AaIS. As part of the electromechanical department faculty were computer-aided manufacturing, electrical and electronics (merged in 1997.) Mining machinery and equipment. Since September 1, 2001, Dean of the Faculty was Doctor of Technical Sciences, Academician of the MAIN, Professor of the APP B.N. Feshin, graduate of KarPTI in 1971
In 2004 the Department of technology and communications systems joined to the faculty.
In 2004 they were joined by Department of Technology and telecommunications systems.
In 2005, the specialty undergraduate 050 717 – “Heat Power Engineering”. From 1 July 2008 in accordance with the spectrum of specialties, produced by faculty, electromechanical faculty was renamed the Department of Energy, Communications and Automation. Department of Electrical power and renamed the Department of Energy. A total of 87 faculty working teachers, including 78 people – a full-time teachers. Among the faculty 7 doctors, 29 candidates of technical sciences.
On May 15, 2008 Dean of the Faculty works, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor of Energy, BA Zhautikov, graduate KarPTI 1985 Vice-Dean Senior Lecturer V. Likhachev (graduate KarPTI 1989.) Teacher and EG Novikov. As Secretary of the Department performs LB Beisenova.
In the 2008/09 academic year at the Department of Energy, Communications and Automation enrolled 970 students. Of these, 286 people – on a fee basis, 684 – on the basis of the state educational grant. In the Kazakh language taught 263 people. At the faculty are also trained 23 masters and 1 doctoral PhD.
The high level of basic, theoretical and training students DECA allows them to represent faculty on student competitions, conferences and competitions.
In the first open Republican contest of projects on energy saving and alternative energy sources in the “Young Professionals” better teachers showed DECA – Senior Lecturer APP Andreev, E.V. and lecturer in energy Madi P.S., who took first and second place and Awarded gifts. Teaching faculty is focused on the introduction of modern computer systems training and supervision of knowledge creation and implementation of the educational process of complex computer systems, simulators of real machines, devices and systems that can help to bring the student to his future work as a qualified engineer in the areas of energy, communication and automation.
An important place in the educational process at the Faculty occupy sporting events, as well as student participation in amateur and various creative competitions. In the 2001/02 academic year, faculty won the Cup on the results of sports events and students to this day it remains at the Faculty Cup.
At the Faculty of Energy, Communications and Automation in the widespread use of modern computer technology, local area networks and new information technologies are working to improve the quality of training specialists on demand of the economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan bachelor, “Automation and Control,” “Thermal Engineering”, ” Utilities “,” Electronics and Telecommunications “, active magistracy and doctoral studies.
On September 15, 2010 Department of Energy, Communications and Automation (DECA) is transformed to the Institute of Energy, Telecommunications and Automation (IETA).
From June 2011 to October 2015 the Faculty of Telecommunications, Energy and Automation (FEAT) headed by Ph.D. Tatkeeva Galia Galimzyanovna.
Since October 2015 FEAT manages candidate of technical sciences , docent Felix Bulatbaev Nazymovich.