Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology was organized in 1995. At this time the department is one of the major departments of the Innovation Technology faculty, which produces four professionals in demand in the labor market specialties:
1) 5B070100 – “Biotechnology” of the trajectories:
– Plant biotechnology;
– Environmental biotechnology.
2) 5B072100 – “Chemical technology of organic substances” on the path:
– Technology of chemical and pharmaceutical preparations;
– Technology of coal and natural gas (methane).
3) 5B073700 – “Mineral”
– The technology of enrichment of ores of nonferrous metals;
– The technology of enrichment of ferrous metals;
– Technology of coal.
The aim of the department is the preparation and production of highly skilled and sought-after training for chemical, oil and gas industry, metallurgy, processing factories, scientific research and design institutions, colleges and universities are ready immediately after the training involved in the production cycle.
The aim is to provide the Department teaching disciplines with the latest technology to-date production, science and technology. In addition to the graduates, the Department conducts classes in the disciplines “Chemistry” for students of all disciplines working under the KSTU curricula and programs.
PPP Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology is developing the following innovative research areas:
1) Chemistry and technology of organic substances (biologically active compounds, oil products, gas and coal)
2) Plant Biotechnology, Animal
3) Enrichment of ores, coal
4) Waste water treatment, etc.
At this time, the department manages associate professor Takibayeva Altynarai Temirbekovna. The Department invites all interested individuals and entities to scientific innovation and educational cooperation.