On June 17-18, the International Scientific and Practical Conference “Integration of Science, education and production-the basis for the implementation of the National Plan” (Saginovsky Readings No. 13), dedicated to the 30th anniversary of the Independence of the Republic of Kazakhstan, was held online at the Karaganda Technical University.
The growing interest in the conference is caused by the real need to strengthen the integration of education, science and production for technological modernization and to ensure the strategic self-sufficiency of the national economy.
Special attention was paid to the issues of socio-economic development of Independent Kazakhstan, digitalization of industry, development of IT and Smart technologies, energy and resource conservation.
The conference received more than 850 reports of 139 universities and research centers, representing 15 countries, including USA, Japan, China, France, Germany, Canada, Italy, Iran, Russia, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine and other countries.
The Saginaw Readings №13 were attended by the heads of the enterprises of the «Corporate University» innovation and education consortium created on the basis of the KTU, including «ArcelorMittal Temirtau» JSC, «Kazakhmys Corporation» LLP, «Sokolov-Sarbay Mining and Processing Production Association» JSC, «Nova Zinc» LLP and other system – forming enterprises.
The conference received greetings and greetings from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Industry and Infrastructure Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of National Economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Akimat of the Karaganda region, the Department of Management of JSC «ArcelorMittal Temirtau», LLP «KAZPROMAVTOMATIKA», LLP «Megalight engineering», LLP «Karaganda Engineering Consortium», LLP «Azimut Geology», LLP «KLMZ im. Parkhomenko» and a number of other organizations.
The conference was opened by M.K. Ibatov, Chairman of the Management Board – Rector of the University, Chairman of the conference Organizing Committee.
At the plenary session, the associate of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy N. A. Nazarbayev, the first Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the laureate of the State Prize of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of science and technology named after al-Farabi, Professor of the Institute of Diplomacy of the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Professor of the Eurasian National University named after L. N. Gumilyov Suleimenov T.S. made a substantive report on the 30th anniversary of Independence of Kazakhstan. Reports were also heard:
- A.Z. Isagulov, Executive Director of the KTU – «Training of competitive personnel for the digital economy of Kazakhstan»;
- E.T. Tusupbekov, Associate Professor of the Academy of Law Enforcement Agencies under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan – «Technology of developing a unified pedagogical system of a complex structure»;
- B. Resnik, Professor of the Berlin University of Applied Sciences. Boita (Germany) – «Monitoring of engineering structures using artificial neural networks»;
- Asana S. Yu., General Director of «Nova Zinc» LLP – «Development of mining enterprises within the framework of the integration of Science, Education and production»;
- Bykadorova S. A., Professor of the Siberian State University of Railway Transport – «Eurasian transport Corridors and container transportation: dynamics and reasons for their stagnation»;
- Dorin Isoc, Professor of the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca (Romania) – «Online education in the context of a pandemic at a technical university»;
- Kuripko S. A., Chief designer of «KMZ im. Parkhomenko» – «Prospects for the development of mechanical engineering in the conditions of the Karaganda region»;
- Stazhkova S.M., Head of the Department of the Baltic State Technical University «VOENMEKH» named after D. F. Ustinov – «International University network project «Synergy»: 15 years of cooperation in the field of training of highly qualified engineering personnel»;
- Lepekhova D. A., Technical Director of «KAZPROM AVTOMATIKA» LLP – «Participation of the Kazpromavtomatika Group of companies in the modernization of industrial production in Kazakhstan».
The conference included 13 breakout sessions:
- “Socio-economic modernization of Kazakhstan during the years of independence”;
- “Education of the XXI century”;
- “Energy and energy saving”;
- ” Automation. Robotics”;
- “Information and Communication Technologies”;
- “IT – and SMART-technologies”;
- “Actual problems of geotechnologies”;
- “Geology and Development of Subsurface resources”;
- “Innovative technologies in the field of metallurgy and materials science”;
- “Prospects for the development of mechanical engineering”; 11. “Architecture and Construction”;
- “Transport and Logistics”;
- “Chemistry. Biotechnologies”.
The participants of Saginaw readings No. 13 noted that Karaganda Technical University, occupying a leading position in the country’s technical education system, makes every effort to successfully implement the National Plan, the State Program for the Development of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2020-2025 and the State Program for Industrial and Innovative Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2020-2025. Special attention is paid to the effective integration of education, science and production not only at the national, but also at the international level.
As a result of the work, the participants of the Saginaw readings №13 adopted a Resolution with specific proposals for further improving the scientific and educational cooperation of the University with leading universities and industrial companies of the Republic of Kazakhstan, near and far abroad, the development of public-private partnership through the creation of joint structural divisions of scientific and design organizations for the development and implementation of innovative projects, improving the quality of training of specialists in the field of digital industry.
As a result of the conference, a collection of scientific papers will be published in electronic format and posted on the website of the Karaganda Technical University.