By the results of the 1st (selective) round Republican Student Subject Olympiad in Mathematics, dedicated to the 130th anniversary of the outstanding public figure, scientist, professor of mathematics Alimkhan Abeuovich Yermekov among students of higher educational institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan, conducted as an online test on 7 April 2021, 47 students from the following higher education institutions qualified for the 2nd (main) round:
- Karaganda Technical University;
- Nazarbayev University;
- Karaganda University named after academician E.A. Buketov;
- West Kazakhstan University named after Utemissov;
- Kokshetau University named after Sh. Ualikhanov;
- Kazakh National Women’s Pedagogical University;
- North Kazakhstan University named after Kozybayev;
- Civil Aviation Academy;
- Kazakh National Pedagogical University named after Abay;
- South Kazakhstan University named after Auezov;
- East Kazakhstan University named after Amanzholov;
- North Kazakhstan University named after Kozybayev.
188 students (from 20 higher education institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan) participated in the Olympiad. The tasks that the students had to face in the qualifying round were of varied complexity level, which allowed to determine the participants’ level of knowledge and understanding of mathematical methods, logical operations and to reveal the ability to use non-standard approaches to solving problems of increased complexity.