Scientific-educational foundation of academician Shakhmardan Yessenov announces competition for the provision of twenty* monthly nominal scholarships. The term of scholarship: 12 months (from April 2017 to March 2018).
Applicants must study in Kazakh higher educational institutions for 2-3 year of undergraduate or 1st year of master’s program and be a citizen of Kazakhstan.
Students who study in the geological, technical, engineering, IT specialties can participate in the competition.
Students of internal form of training (both budgetary and extrabudgetary) can participate in the competition.
The amount of monthly scholarship is 25 000 KZT. The scholarship does not negate the right of a student to receive state, including increased scholarship.
The selection of scholarship holders will be made in accordance with the following criteria:
- the number of grades «excellent» for the current year of study (GPA not less than 3);
- participation in student scientific conferences;
- participation in the public life of the institute/university.
Selection of students will be realized by Expert Council on the results of 2 rounds, described below. The decision of the Expert Council considers and approves the Board of Trustees of the foundation. Applicants are required to provide the following documents in electronic form to the email of foundation firstname.lastname@example.org for participation in competition until 12 March 2017:
- application form (available on the website of the foundation yessenovfoundation.org);
- recommendation of the supervisor (head of a bachelor/ master program, head of the department);
- motivational appeal: «How do you see your contribution to the education and science of Kazakhstan. What is important to you and why?» (form of address maybe any: audio, video, written);
- copy of identity card;
- transcript (GPA must not be below 3);
- copy of diploma of higher education for master’s degree students (bachelor, specialist).
The competition consists of two rounds. Until mid-April the list of twenty winners of the scholarships of academician Shakhmardan Yessenov will be published.
Submitting the application for participation in the competition, a student automatically agrees to the processing of personal data.
*Note: 2 of the 20 scholarships will be provided to students KazNTU (Satpayev KazNTU), because there is a tradition for several years, initiated by relatives of the Academician Sh. Yessenov and continued by the Fund of his name, according to which 2 best students of the university, where academic taught and where is his office, receive nominal scholarship.