International competition for Chevening scholarship to study in the UK
Chevening scholarship is a global scholarship program of the UK government, financed by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and partner organizations. The scholarship is given mainly for one year to get a master’s degree.
Participation is open to everyone that meets the requirements of Chevening programme. The number of countries participating: Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Georgia, etc.
Priority areas of study:
- Politics and international relations
- Law and public administration
- Economics, business and innovation
- Climate change, environmental and energy security
- Science and space
What scholarship covers:
- Monthly stipend
- Transport costs
- Dissertation grant
- Cost of visa
- Cost of training
Requirements to candidates:
- To be a citizen of one of the countries participating in the program and return to home country not later than 2 years after the end of the training program of Chevening Scholarship;
- A bachelor’s degree or higher.
- To have experience from 2 years (including internships, volunteering, etc.)
- Required level of English language proficiency:
Academic IELTS (find a test centre)
Overall score – 6.5, with a minimum score in each component:
Listening – 5.5; Reading – 5.5, Speaking – 5.5, Writing – 5.5
Pearson PTE Academic (find a test centre)
Overall score – 58, with a minimum score in each component:
Listening – 42, Reading – 42, Speaking – 42, Writing – 42
TOEFL iBT (find a test centre)
Overall score – 79, with a minimum score in each component:
Listening – 17, Reading – 18, Speaking – 20, Writing – 17
- Apply to 1 to 3 training programs in the UK.
- Not to be a citizen of UK and not to study earlier for any government scholarship in this country.
Submit the following documents:
- two letters of recommendation, written in English;
- passport or other identity document;
- excerpt with the grades from University (undergraduate, graduate);
- three selected graduate programs.
Documents are accepted in pdf format and no more than 5Мb.
The application form for participation in the program can be submitted online.
Read more about scholarships on the website of the organizers.